We meet every Sunday come rain or shine at Polkyth Leisure Centre and DEPART at 08:30#
Depending on numbers, there will be 2 Groups departing from Polkyth on a Sunday morning – Group 1 will be a fast paced ride covering between 50 and 70 miles and will require a good level of fitness and stamina. Average speeds will vary depending on terrain but is usually between 15mph and 17mph.
A slower paced group will also depart covering between 40 and 50 miles and averaging, again depending on terrain, around 13mph – 15mph. The aim will be for the 2 groups to meet for coffee if possible so that club members can all meet sociably. This new slower paced group is ideal for riders returning from injury, riders wanting some steady base winter miles or new riders who want to try out a Sunday ride without worrying about being left behind. In the event of a mechanical or someone not able to stay with the group, the ride leader will ensure you will not be left without company or technical assistance.
Tips for all riders attending SAW club rides:
- Ensure your bike is safe to ride, well maintained and your size,
- Wear a Helmet
- Lead rider in the group warn of all hazards in the road, potholes, debris, traffic, pedestrians, wildlife etc
- If you puncture the group will get a chance to take on food and water as you rapidly change the tube
- Ride within your capabilities both up and down hills
- Obey the laws of the road
- Have lights if your going to back after dark and use them on busy roads
- Be self sufficient and dress for the weather
- Enjoy the ride and the company!
Volunteers to lead club rides are being requested.
If you want to lead a club ride email us.
Things to consider for the leader:
- Group strength and size.
- Route selection.
- Aim of the ride.